Meet the Governors
‘Senior leaders, including governors, have successfully built upon the outcomes of the previous inspection, particularly in raising the quality of teaching and the curriculum.’
Ofsted, September 2011
Welcome to our Governors’ section.
The role of the governing body is a strategic one, its key functions are to:
Our current Governing body is made up as follows:
- Mrs Pauline Aitken - Staff Governor
- Mr Mark Ellis - Co-Opted Governor
- Mr David Lemon - Co-Opted Governor (Staff)
- Dr Alan Norley - Chair of Governors - Local Authority Governor
- Mrs Sam Simpson - Parent Governor
- Dr Jennifer Smith - Parent Governor
- Mr Roger Spicer - Vice Chair of Governors - Foundation Governor
- Mrs Sue Sweet - Headteacher (Staff)
- Vacancy - Co-opted Governor
- Vacancy - Foundation Governor
All of our governors attend Full Governing body meetings which take place three times a year. In addition to this governors have a link to individual classes, subject oversight and sit on one or more of the following sub committees:
- Finance, Buildings and Grounds
Some of our Governors have specific responsibilities for statutory duties such as Safeguarding, SEND and Health and Safety.
If you are interested in becoming a school governor please speak to one of the existing governors or get in contact with the school.
Further details on Governors individual responsibilities, attendance and register of interests can be found here.